YieldShield Updates: When Public Beta?
Hello YieldShield family!
We know what news you are awaiting the most right now and we want to give you an update!
Beta 3.0 was launched a bit more than a month ago (on 22 March 2022). We saw a good enough activity on the platform.
- 50,000$+ was invested during this beta.
- 18.35% — average profit from investments made on the platform.
- Medium — risk level Beta Testers chose the most.
This Beta release happened with a completely new design and upgraded functionality, so it was important for us to allow users to “crush test” YieldShield and highlight the crucial issues that need to be looked into.
Beta Testers loved the new upgraded design and found it extremely user-friendly and informative.
Here are feedbacks from Beta Testers:
” I’m enjoying the platform🤤 Damn, it’s awesome!!!💪
I want to hang around there all day, constantly jumping from section to section! Bliss!”
“Liking how it’s shaping up thus far”
Also one of the Beta Testers shared his experience in the Medium article.
“Now I sit and think, that if I would have worked through YieldShield — this would not have happened, because the system always Restake my deposits, either by price deviation or by emptying the liquidity pool, whichever comes first. My capital would be protected from such manipulators and dishonest projects. And everything would happen automatically, without any action on my part. Moreover, in the Restake case, the robot would choose for me the most profitable pool, from the general variety, completely independently.
In general — viva la YieldShield! Please release the new version as soon as possible!”
You can check the full article here.
Beta Testers helped us to discover a handful of issues that we needed to address in order to move forward.
- Incorrect display of current investment value after multiple restakes and claim profit. Profit and current investment are calculated correctly on the contract level, but the value was not updated correctly on the front-end. When the investment was being closed all the funds were sent to the user’s wallet. The issue was fixed and rolled out as a hotfix.
- Chart issues. Cases, when values were not updated on the chart after the investment was exited, were reported. All the chart-related issues were addressed and fixes will be rolled out with the Beta 3.0 update.
- Investments didn’t happen because gas was not deposited. Gas needs to be deposited in order for investments to happen. At the beginning of the Beta Testing gas deposit window was not appearing for some users, so investments were not happening. The issue was immediately fixed by the team, Beta testers were asked to deposit the gas and investments happened on the platform.
There were multiple other smaller issues that were fixed by the development team straight away.
Meanwhile, we as well worked on a few technical and user experience updates to make YieldShield even more robust.
- Contracts upgrade. Together with the Yield Protocol team, we worked on upgrading the contracts and allowing us to exchange the tokens in a bigger variety of liquidity pools. This change let us decrease the price impact and increase the number of farms we can invest in. Also, this will help us with implementing an automatic investing opportunity finder that will be released later this year. If previously we were interacting with roughly a few thousand liquidity pools, now we interact with millions and this number will only grow as we progress.
- Trailing stop-loss. If previously there was only one type of stop-loss available — full stop-loss that was triggered if the current investment was lower than the initial investment. As we switched the whole logic of the app towards profit, not rewards, we saw the need to introduce trailing stop-loss. So our investors will not lose the profit they made by using YieldShield. You can choose the type of stop-loss when creating the investment.
- Inactive investments. From now on you will be able to see all the investments made on the platform and see how they did, how much profit you made, what pools investment went etc.
- Scaled the system to be fully ready for the YieldShield Public Beta. Performed stress testing of the system to proceed with all the investments and not slow down the App. We increased speed by 40%.
You rightfully can ask — When all of this will go live?
And are telling you: Beta 3.0 will be closed for 1 day for maintenance in order to roll out the updates.
The platform will be closed at 7 AM UTC on 2 May and will be accessible again on 3 May at 3 PM UTC. Updated Beta 3.0 will be running till 10th May.
Please make sure to close your investments before YieldShield will be closed for an upgrade.
After the Beta 3.0 will be closed, we will take a few days to polish the last reported issues by Beta testers. YieldShield Public Beta will be accessible right after. The date of the Public Beta Release will be announced early next week.
Also, as we really appreciate the work of our Beta testers, we prepared a good incentive for them — all wallets that made investments in any of the Closed Beta Releases will have a higher maximum investment limit during the Public Beta release. 5 times higher than the rest. So hurry up and get your investments running.
We are grateful to have you all here with us and we are hyped to have you all investing with YieldShield.
Stay tuned! Big things are coming!
YieldShield team ❤